Golden Goodness Pumpkin Soup
These days I find myself trying to eat less and less animal products. I don't think I could ever dive into the world of full time vegan-ism (because I LOVE a good steak) but I do get a little kick out of making something delicious that's completely plant based.
One of my go-to's is pumpkin soup. I love the consistency this recipe has and I adore frying up a bit of sourdough for dunking into this bowl filled with golden goodness.
This recipe comes from @sculptedkitchen
Vegan curried butternut pumpkin soup
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 cups butternut squash
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 can white kidney beans
1 tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp salt, to taste
4 cups of vegetable stock
2 tbsp corn starch mixed with veg stock from soup
1 tbsp coconut cream
Handful sage, fried with olive oil and salt
1. Add oil, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger to a medium pot. Simmer for 5 minutes
2. Add butternut pumpkin and pan fry for 10 minutes mixing and cooking until squash is tender.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except corn starch
4. Take a cupful of veg stock from the pan and add your corn starch and mix
5. Add to pot and bring to boil. Simmer for 10 mins Taste for salt and lemon.
6. Garnish with red chili flakes and sage