Caring for your linen
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY LINEN?
Linen is a natural material and has been used as a fabric for thousands of years. Its durability enables linen to withstand the rigours of everyday life and still look and feel luxurious.
When it comes to washing, simplicity is key.
- Use lukewarm or cold wash in soft water on a gentle cycle
- Use a mild detergent
- Rinse well
- Line dry or a cool setting in your tumble dryer. TIP: (If you'd prefer to minimise ironing time) When using a tumble dryer, remove the linen whilst it is still a little damp and hang it or lie it flat to complete the drying process.
- Ironing while slightly damp on a moderate steam setting also speeds up the time it takes to iron.
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use detergents with fabric brighteners because they weaken the fibres of your linen
- Use Hot Water
- Wash in hard water. If you don’t have an option, please use a fabric softener.
- Spin dry using a hot setting
- Dry Clean
- Use bleach
- Store in plastic
Caring for Hand-Painted linen
Because your napery has been hand painted using fabric paints, and is made from pre-washed, 100% French flax linen, please treat it with care. See above for general
All our products have been rigorously tested, however for the longevity of this delicate fabric please use a cold delicate hand wash with a gentle laundry liquid.
Hang them out to dry in the shade and if you must use a cool iron only on their reverse side. Please don't tumble dry.
Bleach, tumble drying or dry cleaning will damage this product.
Treat them with kindness and they’ll be yours for many years to come.